Established in 2014, the Department of Botany is one of the prestigious departments of the college which is actively engaged in teaching undergraduate students to acquaint them with all aspects of plant life. The department has sufficient infrastructure facilities in the form of well-equipped laboratory, a museum and a staff room. The department has also facility of Smart Classroom for efficient teaching learning process. The department has well qualified, dedicated and experienced faculty members having expertise in different fields of plant sciences for providing quality classroom and lab experience to the students. Besides usual classroom teaching, the department conducts field trips to forests, botanical gardens, lakes etc., in order to provide on spot demonstration to students about plant diversity and distribution. Some of the major objectives of the department are:
- To provide quality education in different fields of plant sciences.
- To develop a strong foundation for scientific understanding.
- To equip students with talent and respect for nature.
- To question, hypothesize and make informed conclusions.
- To provide guidance and counselling to students for their multi-dimensional development.
- To develop human resource for over all socio-economic growth.